Saturday 8 June 2013

East versus Western (3C)

I have to say that reading English novel is not in the list of the hobby that I have. I love reading novels, but malays novels. The last English novel I read was Catch Us If You Can because it will come out in th exam.

Luckily teacher showed us the movie first, at least I know what to expect from the novel when teacher said the theme is similar.When I read the first chapter, I notice that western will always be western, they live freely, they are too open minded. What differs us from them is that we are guided by our religion on what we can do and what we cannot do.We have rules to folllow,

5 comments:

  1. 3B>>>
    Sometimes as teenagers I always want freedom.I feel that I was controlled too much by my parents.They are too many "Don't do that and don't do this". Sometimes I feel boring.But when I watch the movie, I realize that there are some thing that I need to understand my parents more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3E: Yes I agree with that.We want to lead our life freely but our parent are controlling us all the times.We cannot decide for ourself.Hope our parent try to understand us too.

      Delete
    2. D:
      Be positive, do not just expect them to understand us, we also need to understand them.Difficult to do but why dont we try?

      Delete
  2. (A) I agree with you dear, sometimes we just need the space for us.I was like Anna sometimes. feel like holding my mum and I want her to listen to my heart.How I wish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. D...
    We laugh when we watch the movie, but I know that we have learn something important.We will never appreciate and understand someone not until we are in their shoes.Starting from now, we need to undrstand our parents' condition more, why are they controlling us? They must have the good reason, right?

    ReplyDelete